Sunday, April 27, 2014

Christmas I Spy 4" Fabric Square Swap

First Christmas Fabric Swap

I would love to make a Christmas Rag quilt for our family to snuggle up with, and play a little game of I spy.

This first swap will be based on Christmas fabrics. Participants will send 20- 4"squares of five different Christmas themed fabric (preferably something you could I spy).

 1. We are swapping 4" squares. 1/4 yard of fabric should get you 20 squares.  (I recommend buying a little more than 1/4 yard- you may need to fussy cut a little to get the item/object centered in the square, and you will probably have left overs.) You will need 20 of each fabric for 100 total.

 Small scale prints work best.

  2. Fabric must be quality 100% cotton. (No flannels, or cheap/thin fabric etc) Also please do not choose licensed prints like cartoon characters, Dora, Barbie, Sponge Bob, etc.  If you don't follow this rule your fabric will be returned to you un-swapped.

  3. Fabric must be new and unwashed and must come from a smoke free environment.

  4. Before sending your fabric to me, cut and press your fabric into 4" x 4" squares.

  5. Put your fabric in a ziplock bag and include a note card with your name, address and email address.

  6. In your envelope please include: the 100 charms in a ziplock; the note card; a PREPAID SELF ADDRESSED STAMPED ENVELOPE for me to mail your charms back to you! This is very important! If you do not send a SASE with your charms, I won't be able to mail them back to you. (Flat Rate Envelopes are $5.60, but first class will be less)

  7. Finally, upload a picture of your chosen fabrics to the group page https://www.flickr.com/groups/2682316@N22/ .  The Flickr group is where updated information will be posted.

Deadlines: You will be notified by email when the swap is full.  As soon as we have 20 people sign up the swap will be full.  I will update the blog as we get participants.  Once swap is full you will have two weeks to mail in your fabric squares.  (the sooner I receive the fabric the sooner you'll get your fabric back) I will email everyone my mailing address once the spots are all filled.

This swap has 20 openings (19 open if including me). Sorry, but only US participants for this swap. You can sign up for a maximum of two spots.

If you sign up for two spots you will need to send 10 different fabrics.  
Please sign up below by commenting with one or two spots.  Also, leave your email address so I can contact you when we are full.

15 comments:

  1. I'd like one spot please, I'll leave you a comment on flickr too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like one spot - thank you in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. email address: marykayfinn@gmail.com
      Thanks!

      Delete
  3. We are getting close, four spots to go. I will probably fill the last spot if no one signs up in the next week. If you haven't already done so, please send me your email address.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to join if you have a spot available. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have my five (5) fabrics separated but do you want them resorted into the groups? Hope you understand what I am asking. LOL Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can take the last 2 spots and we'll have a complete swap. Like I need another reason to shop for fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, I'll take one if you want the other, then you don't have to buy quite so much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok guys, we are full now. Please send your 100 cut squares to:
    Jennifer Suits
    11424 Prairie Ave
    Allendale, MI 49401
    Please enclose your name, address, flikr id, and postage paid return envelope.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just realized I need to send you a postage paid envelope. How much postage do you think I need to put on it for regular snail mail? Thanks! Tiffani Irwin

    ReplyDelete